For a few weeks I’ve been taking time to think about potential goals for the year ahead. I’ve never really been a resolutions kind of a person, but I think what I came up with is pretty decent.
1. Have a successful radio show. I’ve never done this kind of thing before so it’s all new territory to me. I know that it will be a wonderful learning experience regardless of what happens, but I do hope that as the word gets out there, I gain more and more listeners which of course will only benefit my blog as well. I can promise that I will be extremely open to constructive criticism and that I will strive to make improvements with each passing week. This is not something I intend to do half-assed.
2. Reach 100 views in one day on my blog. My highest number of views so far is 93. So close, yet so far. [Um, so, the day I posted this, I hit 137. Amazing.]
3. Work on my confidence. I know a lot of people struggle with this one. As my blog and show grow, I know I need to learn how to ask for things in return for promotion and I’ve already started working on this one. It’s weird to be on press lists and feel like I can take advantage of comp tickets to shows, events, etc. The way I’ve seen things up til this point (and will continue to see things this way) is that, if I love something, I want to share that with people in the hopes they will love it just as much as I do. When I’m promoting something, my enthusiasm is genuine and that’s something that’s important to me and not something I intend to change.
4. Do I want to move? Do I want a new job? Let’s call these “Uncertain.”
5. Make a to-do list for the year. There are so many places to go in the Twin Cities and I have a small bucket list going, so I’ll post it soon and see how much I can accomplish this year. For example, I live five blocks from the American Swedish Institute yet I haven’t been there. It’s happening in 2014.
So I guess that’s it. It doesn’t seem like much but I’m ok with that. We have to start somewhere, right? What are your goals for 2014?