Goldstar is a discount ticket site for theatre, live music, comedy shows and many other activities. Most tickets are half off the full price, and you pay a minimal service fee ($3-4). Some shows or events also offer comp tickets, so with the service fee you’ll end up paying about $5 for a ticket – it’s such a great deal!
When you go to the site, you do have to sign up/in, but feel free to do so then unsubscribe from the emails right away. I like getting them, though, and still check the site almost daily because you never know when something new will pop up and some sell out really fast.
Read on for my top 5 list of what’s going on this weekend (Oct 23-25).
1. Nitro Circus Live at Target Center – Chris loves motorcycles, and I love riding with him (check out his blog Everyday Riding) so when he said we should go to Nitro Circus Live, I wasn’t going to argue. Take a look at all the awesomeness you can expect from it from the teaser below, then come and join us Saturday night!
2. Exultate Chamber Choir & Orchestra Performs Bach, Bernstein & More at St. Mary’s Chapel – This one’s for the classical music lovers. The price is hard to beat, and between the choir, the orchestra, and the location, you’re in for a night of beautiful music.
3. One Grain of Rice by SteppingStone Theatre – They had me at Bollywood! And SteppingStone gears its shows toward children of any age, so this one is the ultimate in family-friendly theatre. From what they’re saying, you’ll also learn a little math along the way, so there’s a fun educational aspect to it. This is a world-premiere about a prince who hoards his land’s rice during a famine, and a young girl tries to trick him so she can help feed the people. They have some comp tickets still available, so you’ll only pay a few dollars for this show.
4. Twintastic at Ames Center – Identical twins Anthony and Eddie Edwards combine their talents to provide over 100 celebrity impressions. From Elton John to Bette Midler to Billy Joel to Cher, this promises to be a highly entertaining evening. Get a sneak peek of what to expect in the video below, and might I recommend dinner at the Mediterranean Cruise Cafe before or after?
5. Minnesota United FC at the National Sports Stadium – I wanted to include this to show you that Goldstar doesn’t just have theatre and live music events. Sports show up from time to time, and if you’ve never taken in a soccer match then now’s your chance. The action never stops, and I know you also don’t always want me posting stuff that only in Minneapolis or St Paul, which is so easy to do.
Whatever you decide, I hope you have a fun and wonderful weekend!
One Girl, Two Cities is up for an award! I’ve been nominated for Best Blogger on Minneapolis Happening’s Happening List and would love for you to vote for me. *CLICK HERE TO VOTE* Thank you!