Kendra from Artfully Engaging and I have been using live video more and more for a variety of purposes. We’ve learned a lot in a short time, so we wanted to share easy tips and suggestions for livestreaming.
Minnesota gave us a beautiful day, so we settled in on the patio of Open Book in downtown Minneapolis and went live for our chat. We covered a range of topics, including the following:
- Where to start
- Why you might use one platform over another (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Periscope, etc.)
- Tips for promoting your video before and after
- Advice for sound and lighting
- Using a tripod for stability when possible
- Recommendations for repurposing videos
- The best tip for improving your videos: watch them afterwards and take notes!
If you have any questions or additional suggestions after you watch the video below, please make sure to leave a comment!