1. Hot Sriracha Brat from The Herbivorous Butcher: You can get a hot Sriracha Brat anytime at the shop, and I (try to) limit myself to one per week. If you like spicy food, then you’ll love this. The brat is topped with Sriracha mayo, Sriracha, and fried onions.
2. Donuts from Glam Doll Donuts: June 1 was National Donut Day (it’s the first Friday of June each year) and Glam Doll rolled out some new flavors to celebrate. These are all delicious! There’s PB&J, apple, and banana cream. A friend who went to the Nicollet Ave location scored a cookies & cream donut.
3. BBQ Chicken Waffle at Buzz Coffee & Cafe: Until I started going to Buzz, I didn’t think I’d be into savory waffles. Now, I’m kind of obsessed, and this BBQ Chicken Waffle is one of my favorites so far. It features jackfruit Shredded Chicken from The Herbivorous Butcher and the sauce is perfectly tangy.
4. Beach Bear Cupcake from Vegan East: Sheila’s cupcakes are always heavenly, and this new summer cupcake is too cute! The two gummy bears are sitting on “sand” made from graham cracker crumbs, and the frosting has a slightly blue tint to it. I may have also grabbed an ice cream sandwich that they made using Crepe & Spoon’s ice cream…
5. Cheddar Zucchini Biscuit from Sweet Root: Sarah recently added a wholesale program to Sweet Root, and The Herbivorous Butcher is planning to carry two different products each weekend. I’ve had the cheddar zucchini biscuits before that she makes with HB’s cheddar, and they’re rich and savory.
If you ever have suggestions for places to grab some vegan eats, I’d love to hear them!